Best 4 Subjects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kele - The Boxer [2010]

Go down

Kele - The Boxer [2010] Empty Kele - The Boxer [2010]

Post  evo420 Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:53 am

Kele - The Boxer [2010]

Kele - The Boxer [2010] Kele_t10

Artist: Kele
Title: The Boxer
Label: Glass Note
Source: CD, Album
Release date: Jun-21-2010
Genre: Electronic / Pop
Style: Electro-Pop / Indie Dance

Bloc Party's Kele Okereke releases his first solo album called 'The Boxer'. The album sees the enigmatic frontman push the boundaries of pop and electronica to boldly step out as a genuinely thrilling artist in his own right. With Bloc Party currently in hiatus, Kele had originally intended to walk away from music for a year. He began his sabbatical at the gym, learning to kick-box and settling into the flat he had just bought, something he refers to as 'the first grown up thing I had ever done.' He simply could not leave his creative impulses alone and booked some exploratory time in the EMI recording studios. 'It was just me and an engineer. I plugged in synths that I had no idea what they would do. I began programming drum beats, which I had never done before. It was completely back to the drawing board. It was exciting and terrifying. In most cases I sat down, pulled a drum beat out of nowhere and arranged stuff around that. This was as exciting to me as the first time I picked up a guitar.' He found being the sole decision maker around his musical direction surprisingly to his taste. 'The key for the sound of the record was to take things as harsh and as physical as I could make it. The reason for going there was that these are the sounds that make me the happiest in the world.' By the time he had written the freeform, cascading techno meltdown that constituted the second half of the song Rise, he had an emotional blueprint for what would become this, his first solo record, The Boxer. Kele found his natural ally recording in New York with XXXchange, the Brooklyn-based bedroom production prodigy that crafted the sound of the last Spank Rock record. Melting the distinctions between dance music and cerebral pop, with influences ranging from Gary Numan and Adam Ant to Michael Jackson, they've made a wild and fearless album marked by both its ambition and its sense of the new.

01. Walk Tall
02. On The Lam
03. Tenderoni
04. The Other Side
05. Everything You Wanted
06. New Rules
07. Unholy Thoughts
08. Rise
09. All The Things I Could Never Say
10.Yesterday's Gone
Code:
http://hotfile.com/dl/54169003/7170396/Kele_-_The_Boxer.rar.html